The pharmaceutical industry is increasingly adopting computer simulations to improve commercial-scale production of both drug substance and product. BIOMATH fully supports this effort by improving process understanding, monitoring and control with the help of mathematical tools. BIOMATH developed expertise in a wide range of unit operations for secondary manufacturing (e.g. wet granulation, fluidized-bed drying and freeze-drying) through the application of different modelling methodologies.
Topics within the scope of the conference:
- Separation of dispersed phases from liquid
- Separation of dispersed phases from gas
- Membrane separation
- Separation of biological cells
- Modelling and monitoring of separation
- Characterisation of dispersed phases
- Technical developments in filter media
- Process intensification and innovative technologies
- Pre-treatment, post-treatment and related processes and technique
- Product related filtration and separation applications
The 6th International Conference on Population Balance Modelling (PBM2018) aims at bringing together researches and practitioners with diverse backgrounds to allow exchange of ideas across various sub-fields that use population balances, and to provide opportunities for researchers to identify new domains to expand into and new tools to use.